Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Quiet August, New Job

Hello Gentle Readers,

I just wanted to post a note to acknowledge how slow Greenjeans Blog has been lately.

It's simple, really: a few weeks ago I started a new job, and as with any new job it is taking some time to adjust. I work hard during the day and am tired when I am done. So for a little while longer, until I acclimate, I'll probably be a little quiet with the blogging.

The job is awesome: I'm a development (aka fund-raising) and communications writer for Millennium Promise, a non-profit organization devoted to meeting the Millennium Development Goals and eradicating extreme poverty. My job is to write enticing donor reports and grant proposals to keep the momentum going on the brilliant and impressively effective work taking place throughout sub-Saharan Africa. The field work puts into action economist Jeffrey Sachs' science-based "bottom-up" approach to international development, helping communities get their feet on the bottom rung of the development ladder and lift themselves out of extreme poverty.

It's a huge honor to be part of this work and to be surrounded by such brilliant people. And I love that I can work from home most days and then be a Midtown Worker Bee a couple days per week.

My passion for craft is still alive and well, it is just taking a summer holiday while I gain traction in my new job. Hopefully I'll be back in the swing of things in a couple of weeks, bringing you news and views from the craft world and beyond from my window seat here in Brooklyn.

Thanks for understanding, and for reading!

Cheers,

- Amy

Posted by Amy Shaw for Greenjeans.

2 comments:

Maria Thomas said...

Hi Amy,

Congratulations on the new position...what a great organization to be a part of!

I look forward to seeing you at the ACC gathering in a few weeks.

Maria Thomas
Etsy

Business logo design said...

Great article one that has to be read again and again.
Thanks a lot for it!