Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Afternoon Snacks!



Velvet Ribbon Belt with Rhinestone Buckle

Posted: 17 Aug 2009 08:15 PM PDT

I want this!! By bellebag on Etsy for $38. Etsy's blog, The Storque, is doing a great job covering the massive virtual craft and vintage sale that is Etsy. I'm loving what the various editors and guest bloggers are finding... (As soon as I get my first paycheck...!)

Make Roman Shades Out of Mini Blinds

Posted: 17 Aug 2009 08:05 PM PDT

THIS is what I've been waiting for: a do-able way to make shades for my windows using the fabric I want. Now to find some discarded mini blinds... (Via whip up)

Coverage of the Buyer's Market of American Craft

Posted: 17 Aug 2009 07:58 PM PDT

The summer BMAC is over in Philadelphia, but the organizer (Rosen Group) covered the show from the floor via their blog, Wholesale Matters. Nice for those of us who didn't get over there for it this year...

Cake Wrecks

Posted: 17 Aug 2009 07:45 PM PDT

I think this is a blog about crazy decorations on, maybe, supermarket cakes? In any case it's bananas. (Hat tip to Mason)

This Guy is Rad (click to see!)

Posted: 17 Aug 2009 02:19 PM PDT

Now THAT'S commitment to craft! [via Extreme Craft]

Robin Nagle Talks Trash

Posted: 17 Aug 2009 02:13 PM PDT

My former grad school prof Robin Nagle is the resident anthropologist of the NYC Dept. of Sanitation. Watch her awesome talk on how garbage defines us and the people who pick up after us. From the Gel Conference.

Old-school Handmade Athletic Gear

Posted: 17 Aug 2009 02:09 PM PDT

Super good-looking. By the Lineaus Athletic Company in Marfa, TX. [Via Cool Hunting]

No comments: